Keep your home in tip-top shape this summer. With a little maintenance this summer, you can make it through the hot weather, the kids being home, swim lessons and baseball, and all the mess that summer brings. Take time to complete a home check-up. From your garage to your front yard, make sure your house is in tip-top this summer and it will make this season easier, and a lot less stressful.
- Power wash your driveway, sidewalks and patio or porch
- Clean your outdoor furniture, deck, and grill
- Add a coat of stain to your deck or wooden fence to protect it
- Wash outdoor pillows, rugs, cushions and throws
- Check cement for cracks and repair those
- Make sure your irrigation system is working so your lawn is watered during the heat
- Protect your summer flower beds and your vegetable garden with a fresh layer of mulch
- Trim your trees to keep them away from power lines, and prevent branches falling on your house during summer storms
Check the Inside:
- Clean your ceiling fans and set them to spin counterclockwise to help cool your home
- Change your air-conditioner filter, and if you can hire a service to clean your duct system
- Clean windows inside and out, and add screens and shades to keep it cooler inside
- Switch out seasonal items in everyone’s closet, and donate old items
- Pot plants in bigger containers if they have outgrown their homes, and move ones that can take the heat outside for the summer
Contact Wynne Moore for all your Real Estate inquiries.